Essential Law for information Professionals, 3rd edition
This is a fully-updated new edition of Paul Pedley’s best-selling text offering up-to-date and easy-to-follow practical advice on the law as it affects information management and the fundamental principles underlying practice.
New and up-to-date coverage includes:
• the Digital Economy Act 2010 and it’s implications for libraries
• the Open Government License and the re-use of public sector information
• patents and trademarks
• CILIP’s guidelines on user privacy in libraries
• the move to extend legal deposit to electronic content
• recent changes in libel law
• the Data Protection Act and new penalties for infringement
• digital content and platforms
• open access and social networking.