The UN Handbook is a valuable reference guide that helps everyone working with or within the United Nations navigate the UN system effectively.
The UN Handbook app makes the content more useable and accessible. An updated version of the app has now been released.
New Zealand has demonstrated its long-standing commitment and practical support for the United Nations by producing the UN Handbook since 1961.
Mobile app available to download
The UN Handbook was made available as a mobile app in 2013 to make the content more useable and accessible. An updated version of the app is now available.
- Download the UN Handbook app from the App Store (external link)
- Download the UN Handbook app from Google Play (external link)
Features of the updated UN Handbook app
- New 2018-19 content
- Updated for the latest versions of iOS and Android
- Improved loading speeds
- Text shown in app can be copied
- App can display as multi-window on Android devices
- Search the UN Handbook and see results listed by relevancy
- Quickly access lists of acronyms and abbreviations
- Bookmark regularly read information
- Access information in offline mode
United Nations Handook 2018-19 [PDF, 4.8 MB]
To order a print copy:
Within New Zealand
NZ$30.00 (including New Zealand postage)
Provide a cheque, a note saying how many copies you need and a New Zealand delivery address. Send to:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Private Bag 18-901
Wellington, New Zealand
If you can’t pay by cheque and need other payment options, email us at:
Rest of the world
The UN Handbook is available from selected bookstores, including:
United Nations Bookshop
42nd Street & 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10017